Shortly before Christmas, two lowboards were allowed to move in with us, namely those from the BESTÅ series from IKEA. One lowboard is intended for the television and the other has space for numerous decorations. For a long time I had been looking for an optimal and attractive solution for the television sector. BESTÅ was chosen because the cabinets are simple and timeless. And I would say that it was a really good decision, because I now really enjoy decorating the area again. And today I’ll show you how varied such a lowboard can be.
ONE LOWBOARD – MANY DECORATION IDEAS
Here you can see the variant with Christmas decorations. I really liked this variant, I would have loved to leave the self-folded stars hanging. But Christmas is coming again. 🙂 Black, white and gray dominate here. In winter I like such restrained colors very much.
After all the Christmas decorations had disappeared, I decorated the lowboard with this branch with pink pompoms and the wooden sign with wire writing . The mix of old, new and homemade is great anyway.
Due to the many candles and the branch with red berries (Ilex), the entire area looked much warmer than before.
At the moment it looks like this. Relatively simple and a tiny bit spring-like. By the way, the black stars are made of colored drawing paper. I don’t like to say goodbye to the stars just yet. Although some decorative elements, such as the white house, the candle holder and the right picture are also represented here, you can still see a clear difference to before.
AND NOW COME MY DECORATION TIPS AND MUST-HAVES FOR A LOWBOARD
- For me, pictures definitely belong on every lowboard. I make sure that the pictures create a similar mood. It also looks nice when you put pictures of different sizes next to each other. And because I’m often asked which artist is the big picture with the girl and the bird. The picture is from the photographer Vee Speers , she has an incredible number of beautiful pictures. And this picture is from THE BIRTHDAY PARTY series.
- Due to the simple design and the white color of the lowboard, it can happen that it looks a bit cool. To counteract this, I use decorative elements made of wood . Mostly made of old wood. Because of the (old) wood, the whole thing no longer looks so new and straightforward.
- Flowers, twigs or plants should of course not be missing here.
- I like to decorate with candles or fairy lights anyway. I like the LED wire fairy lights best, they make a super pleasant light and have something fairy about them.
- My last tip: Don’t always replace everything and buy new things to change something. Often it is enough to replace or rearrange a few small home accessories, combine new things and it looks completely different.